Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tuesday poem #155 : Michael Sikkema : from You’ve Got a Pretty Hellmouth



I saw the tibia flute that you
sent and didn’t bat

a lash. The sorcerer though
put a story in my head where

one owl carried my eye to
a beehive, one carried my

eye to an anthill and I was swept
back into the mixing

bowl part of my brain where I don’t
even remember how many

times I’ve fired this gun
All those tracks we’ve been

following turn out
to be our own



Michael Sikkema has worked in factories, YMCA camps, and landscaping. He is the author of three books of poetry, most recently May Apple Deep from Trembling Pillow Press. He is also the author of several chapbooks and collaborative chapbooks, most recently Time Missing, an exploration of alien abduction and pioneer captivity narratives, available from Grey Book Press. He enjoys correspondence at michael.sikkema@gmail.com

the Tuesday poem is curated by rob mclennan

No comments: